There are lots of preschool lesson ideas about the body and the five senses. Our bodies are a remarkable creation. We use them without even realizing how well they function on auto pilot.
Here are my Preschool Lesson Ideas for My Body:
Throughout the theme of the body and five sense you can turn your dramatic center into:
1. An optometrist office - Children can explore the importance of being able to see.
2. Florist Store - Put fresh flower and fake flowers. Which senses do you use to distinguish between the two?
4. Dress Up - Place a variety of clothes made out of different textures. Let the children feel the materials and enjoy dressing up.
Throughout the theme use the following items:
2. Handheld Safety Mirrors - Encourage the children to draw a self portrait.
3. Finger paint - playing with paint can be relaxing and fun while using our sense of touch.
4. Q-Tip Skeleton - A great activity that helps explore our bones. Here is a great song about our bones:
When I made goop with my son he said: "It's dirty time." Most children love to get messy but we are too afraid to let them. Allow the children to play with the goop and explore it's properties.
Marching band with musical instruments:
Add multicultural people.
Add blocks covered in different textures.
Write the names of the body parts on flash cards. Let the children sight read them and copy them to a paper.
Drumbeats: Beat a hand drum or a tom-tom, asking the children to walk with the drumbeats.
Fast beats - Quick steps.
Slow beats - Slow steps.
Loud beats - Giant steps.
Soft beats - Baby steps.