Kids Drawing is a simple method to help develop your child's imagination, creativity and fine motor skills. Turning their hand tracing to a cat, a dog or a butterfly is magical and fun at any age. Kids love this activity and the thought of recreating an image out of their hand tracing.
The creative drawings concept is simple: Trace your child's hand on a paper. Color in the shape. In class you can do this activity in partners. One child traces the other child's hand.
Here are some drawing ideas:
Take a moment and make this activity educational by teaching your child some facts about each animal.
1. A cat's front paws has five toes. It's back paws has four toes.
2. Cats cannot taste things that are sweet.
3. A cat uses it's whiskers to gauge whether or not they can fit through an opening.
4. A cat can hear ultrasonic sounds. (Humans and dogs cannot)
1. Dogs have a great sense of smell.
2. Dogs are used as hunters, eyes for the blind, guards and as police helpers.
3. A dog's nose is used for smelling and to keep it cool.
4. The average dog lives between eight to fifteen years.
1. Dragons are mythical creatures.
2. Dragons have magic powers.
3. Dragons can fly and breathe ice or fire.
4. Dragons are popular in China.
1. Frogs are amphibians
2. Frogs can see in nearly all directions thanks to the fact that their eyes bulge out of the sides of their heads.
3. Frogs have a great sense of hearing.
4. Frogs can jump 20 times their own body length in a single leap!
1. Baby rabbits are called kittens.
2. Rabbits can live between eight to twelve years.
3. Rabbits do not like to be picked up.
4. Rabbits do not like loud noises and sudden movements.
1. A giraffe is the tallest animal in the world.
2. A giraffe can clean it's ears using it tongue!
3. A giraffe can live over 25 year.
4. Giraffes live in Africa.
1. Horses can sleep both lying down and standing up.
2. Horses are herbivores (plant eaters).
3. A male horse is called a stallion.
4. A female horse is called a mare.
1. Butterflies can see the colors red, green and yellow.
2. Many species of butterflies can taste with their feet.
3. The largest butterfly is 12 inches long!
4. The life cycle of a butterfly: From egg to caterpillar to pupa to adult (butterfly)
1. Some snails live for about five year. In the wild, they are believed to live at least 25 years.
2. The largest land snail weighed 2 pounds.
3. Snails leave a slime behind them when they move.
4. Snails have the reproductive organs of both males and females.
1. Trees keep our air supply fresh by absorbing carbon dioxide and producing oxygen.
2. Trees roots stabilize the soil and prevent erosion.
3. Trees provide shelter and shade. What else do trees do?
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.